Wednesday 16 March 2011

Busy Times

This time of year seems to be very busy in the publishing world - especially in the UK - and this year I seem to have become more caught up with it.

Firstly, I have to mention Keris Stanton's brilliant Authors For Japan auctions. I'm not available as a prize/lot (that's probably a good thing) but there are some amazing lots available and it's a fantastic initiative. Get yourself over there now (unless it's finished by the time you read this. You can come back here when you're done).

While we're on the subject of good causes, and while I'm sending you off to other sites, why not also visit the Big Green Bookshop? A great little independent shop that needs our support to survive. There's a meet-up of fellow publishing tweeters there next week. I'll be there, but don't let that put you off as lots of other nice people will be there too. If you can't make it (or even if you can), please buy a book from them. It would really help.

And so we seamlessly segue into the London Book Fair. Seamlessly? Why, yes, because there's a bit of a tweet-up going on there too. And yes, I'll be there. This will be my first visit to LBF. I'm not really sure what to expect, lots of books, I suppose. Hopefully I'll bump into lots of people I know from Twitter and no doubt will end up buying lots of books and then drinking far too much later. There are worse ways to spend your day.

If that wasn't enough, the following weekend is Cambridge Word Fest. I didn't even know this existed, but as it's just down the road (and a short hop on the train) I'm going to pop along and attend a talk or two (one of which will be by Nicola Morgan. I'm going to try not to heckle, but I may pose a question which incorporates a Life of Brian quote. Or maybe not.)

If you're attending any of the above, give me a shout. I'd love to meet you.

If you don't follow me on Twitter, I'm @MarshallBuckley - do join in, it's a great little community: funny, smart, irreverent, helpful...

2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived in the UK! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Script Frenzy starts on Friday....

    http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.