Tuesday 26 January 2010

Listen...

Do you hear it?

No, not the sound of silence, the silence that accompanies a lack of blog updates. I mean the tap, tap, tap of keys on a keyboard.

I'm sorry for the brief hiatus, I had every intention of posting updates on a weekly basis at least but it doesn't always work out to plan, especially when the writing gets in the way.

So, it's a good thing, really. I'm not blogging because I'm writing. You'll see from the panel on the right that there are now two Works In Progress. I'm not sure if that's ambitious or just plain stupid, but after a good start on Book 3 I found that main character of Book 4 (not part of the series) calling out to me, demanding to tell his story.

Damn those crazy voices in my heard, needing to be heard.

Book 3 is far from abandoned, it's just not receiving the same level of attention as Book 4 right now, but it will.

But, for now, Book 4 is having its turn in the spotlight, and I suspect it will remain there, determindly selfish, until completion.

2 comments:

  1. Writing is always better than blogging imho. Since I write on my laptop, that has the internet, I tend to switch over "to rest my brain" to blogs. (What I'm doing right now.) Only sometimes the blogging takes more time than the writing. Not good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny the way that stories demand to be told... like we have absolutely no control over it. It's as thrilling (to me at least) as it is surprising, as I tend to work with a character and an ending, and that's it. What happens in between I leave to the story.

    All that to say, I know what you mean!

    While I'm at it, I envy the man (or in this case, men) who can work two projects at once. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.